“It’s not really important what color your dress is. What matters is the heart inside it.” – Kokiri

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tutu Tuesday


Except it's Wednesday isn't it? Wow my days are running together....it's fall vacation for my middle nugget which means less schedule/structure around here and more pajama wearing/sewing time. It's been nice to not have to be up and out the door in time for school and I have loved getting to sew while he hangs out with my littlest fish boy....

Speaking of fish.......I happened upon this...um....."interesting" mystery mermaid fabric a couple months ago and have been trying to figure out what to do with it ever since. I have almost two yards of pure shiny mystery to solve.





I'm not sure what the actual "fabric" is made out of......perhaps recycled tin cans.....anyway, I came up with the brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) to make a few ocean themed tutus for a few little girls I know and incorporate the fabric into them - somehow - to make them into mermaid tutus.


So far, I have one and a half done. The first one is made for a two year old and is an eight tiered - four colored tutu with an elastic waist band with ribbon overlaying it.....

Maybe you have noticed that there isn't any of the mermaid fabric in this tutu. Well, yeah.......I noticed that too. I really don't know what happened. I had good intentions of incorporating the mystery mermaid fabric. I mean the mystery mermaid fabric is why I bought 16 yards of tulle......and started this whole tutu project in the first place. Ughhh!

(A little decorative stitch.........because two year olds care about such detail....
Did I mention that I have a new sewing machine and so for awhile everything is 
going to have to have some form of decorative stitch until I get over myself? LOL!) 
 
Well I am onto tutu two and I still haven't added any mystery mermaid fabric to it either. I wonder if I could convince one of my boys to be a mermaid for Halloween so I can use it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment